9 Ways To Get Started With A Financial Planner
We can all benefit, both financially and emotionally, from purposeful financial planning. However, getting started may feel daunting, so we’ve outlined nine simple ways that you can get started you’re your own personal planning!
1. Reflect on your needs and wants, as well as your life goals. Do you want to own a home? Travel the world? Or simply find a bit more pleasure and calm in your everyday life? Think in terms of both shorter and longer-term goals. Financial planning supports all aspects of your life and it involves much more than just planning for the future. It’s about the continuum of your life—which includes today.
2. Talk to your life partner. Money often comes last on the list of relationship conversations, but it should be a priority and is an essential part of family life planning. Plan now to prevent money from potentially becoming a stressor on your relationship.
3. Talk to your kids. It’s never too early to teach your children the value of money and the importance of good financial habits.
4. Talk to Statera Financial Planners who can help you make sense of it all. CFP professionals, like us, are uniquely qualified to look at the big picture to create financial strategies to meet your life goals. Learn what to look for and ask for in a planner in our next weeks blog post!
5. Track your spending so you know where your money is going. You’d be surprised how you can squeeze out a little savings when you are accountable for every dollar spent.
6. Create a monthly budget.
7. Pay yourself first and start a savings and/or investment program. Even small amounts add up if you save regularly.
8. Pay off debt—especially credit card debt that comes with high interest rates. Keep your credit rating healthy and don’t forget to pay your bills on time.
9. Get Statera Financial Planners help to create a financial plan that will get you on the path to financial success. It’s never too early – or too late – to get started.
Article details by www.financialplanningforcanadians.ca