How disability insurance can help protect your business with an Overhead Expense Plan
As a business owner, you’ve worked hard to make your business a growing success. That’s why protecting it from unexpected events is so important. You, your family, and your employees may all depend on the income from your business to help support their livelihoods, so what happens if you become disabled and couldn’t work to generate revenue for the company? How would you keep hard earned revenue and savings from rapidly depleting within the business before you return to work? It could jeopardize everything you’ve created. It’s why you need a plan in case a disability ever does strike.
If you have monthly business expenses, it may be worth considering a disability insurance overhead expense plan. Essentially a benefit paid into the business to cover eligible expenses while you are disabled and unable to participate in business responsibilities and activities.
Here’s how this plan can help:
- It allows you to focus on a proper recovery, instead of rushing back to work before you are ready.
- Helps keep valued staff on the payroll.
- Pays for ongoing eligible expenses and helps avoid financial downfall to the business.
- Keep your business on track so that when you do recover you can pick up right where you left off.
What are eligible business expenses that this plan could cover?
- Employee salaries
- Phone and fax lines
- Lease costs for equipment, to name the common ones
While your industry, occupation and the amount of eligible business expenses will determine how much coverage you can get, no one ever expects to be disabled. As a business owner you have additional risks to most individuals. So, if you haven’t already talk to Statera Financial Planners about how to protect your business and your financial future.