Learn more about Darlene Koop
With over a decade of customer service and administrative experience, Darlene is passionate about building relationships and helping others. Since joining Statera Financial Planners in April 2022 she has been managing the investment administration and assists with day to day business operations.
What got you into the financial industry?
- Working with advisors at the Edmonton Canada Life regional office was my first exposure to financial planning.
How long have you been in the industry?
- Including my earlier bank experience with ATB Financial/CIBC, a little over 6 years.
What do you like most about this industry?
- I love helping people and providing the best service experience possible. Also, since finances can be stressful it is satisfying to know that doing my work with integrity and care for our clients provides them with assurance that their financial situation is in good hands.
What do you like most about Statera and the team?
- I love the camaraderie and the positive atmosphere of the office – it’s great to be able to chat and laugh together during the work day! I also enjoy learning from the different perspectives and approaches of each of my colleagues.
How do you measure personal success?
- The way that I am changing and growing in relationship with others, and the internal assurance that I always act with honesty and integrity. I strive to honor God in all I do.
What are your top three travel destinations?
- Spain (visited in 2019), PEI (visited in 2018), Western Europe (I have a list of places I want to go).
How are you involved in the community?
- I teach Sunday School at my church at least 2-3 times a month and volunteer in as many events as I can, while maintaining healthy balance in my personal life.
What do you do for fun/in your free time?
- Creative writing (I am a self-published fiction author), art projects (painting, ceramics, etc.) and time spent with family and friends.
Biggest milestone you hope to reach in 2024?
- Completing a couple of fiction books/novels.